Hello,

I would like to implement 'write' mode of minidriver and have created the
dedicated branch in github.
It's only the begining and at the moment 'works-for-me' key generation, request
signing and certificate import with IE on the XP platform.

Currently the OpenSC minidriver emulates the (Base)CSP related file system.
With this approach it becomes difficult and uncertain to implement 'fine'
support of the minidriver functionalities -- chache, files and containers
freshness, GUIDs generated by CSP, ....

PKCS#15 card producers resolve this problem by
creating parallel CSP file system, invisible for PKCS#15,
or by creating 'DATA' objects with the common 'application' attribute, for ex.
"BaseCSP".

I guess that this second approach is more appropriate for the OpenSC minidriver.

The capability of the card to support 'write' minidriver mode will be declared
in 'card_atr' section of opensc.conf.
It presumes that card supports the pkcd15-init.
For such card all pkcs15-init operations (executed by tools, pkcs#11 or
minidriver) will try to update the BaseCSP 'DATA' objects.

What do you think about?
Any suggestions, wishes, considerations are heartily welcome.

Kind regards,
Viktor.