On 09/09/11 11:32, Viktor Tarasov wrote:
> Le 09/09/2011 10:09, Martin Paljak a écrit :
>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:39, Viktor
>> Tarasov<viktor.tara...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Exact.
>>> Only loadable module prevents the static ATR tables.
>>
>> Then the solution is IMHO simple.
>>
>> AFAIK only one proprietary (which does not work with 0.12 IIRC, the
>> troubled DNIe binary module) exists in the wild at the moment and I
>> don't think we should bolster piggybacking on OpenSC for this purpose.
>
> Fine,
> and to continue this movement, could we envisage the abandon of support
> of the obsolete cards ?
As you are also the original code author, you should be the best to
judge what is relevant and what not.

> Example, 'oberthur' driver supports the old v.2.xx of the 'AuthentIC'
> PKI applet with the proprietary file system.
> This card is not more produced.
> The new 3.2 version of this  applet, compatible with PKCS#15, is
> actually supported by 'authentic' card driver.

If there are cards out there and there is not much needed to maintain
the current driver as a working entity, I would not rush to remove it
ASAP. Maybe a forward notice would do good and the code can rotten there
with the intent of being removed in X months ?

Martin