Le 3 octobre 2011 14:02, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <jmpo...@gooze.eu> a écrit :
> Dear Friends,

Hello,

> We ordered several PINPAD readers to offer a reliable and affordable
> solution for OpenSC authentication. At first, we are only performing
> testing. We should receive testing readers within the next days. We did
> not make a choice yet.
>
> So far, our questions are:
>
> 1) What is OpenSC/libccid current PINPAD support? I have to admit last
> time I used PINPAD was more than a year ago.

OpenSC/libccid should work fine with pinpad CCID readers.

But I do not guarantee it is bug/issue less :-)

Some cards require a feature not supported by all pinpad readers. I
don't know if this status is documented somewhere.

I found this page: https://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/PinpadReaders

> 2) What does it mean when a reader claims 'secure messaging'. Does it
> need to be supported on the smartcard side also? Is it a real standard
> in CCID? Is it well supported in OpenSC?

I am not sure what you call 'secure messaging'. Can you be more specific?

> 3) I still wonder why we should declare PINAD in OpenSC configuration
> file. Is there an alternative, when libccid would discover PINPAD and
> OpenSC would automatically using it. Could you tell more of the current
> way that OpenSC discovers the PINPAD.

AFAIK pinpad support is ON by default if a pinpad reader is detected.
But you can disable pinpad support in OpenSC if you want/need.

Some pinpad readers have what they call a "firewall". The reader will
not allow you to use a VERIFY command without using the pinpad feature
i.e. it is not possible to send a PIN 'in the clear' to the card
without using the pinpad feature.

> As usual, there will be free hardware for main hackers.

What models do you have?
Maybe you have a pinpad reader I do not have myself already.

Bye,

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau