Hi!

> > I wrote a patch for libccid to support PACE. Due to a lack of
> > standardization on the USB level there is only my ccid-emulator, which
> > can be used with this feature. See
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/vsmartcard/ for the libccid patch and
> > ccid-emulator.
>
> Thanks for the info and pointer.
> PACE is now standardized/documented in an PC/SC document [1].
>
> So I may include your patch (or a modified version) "soon".

I read it. But there is no CCID compliant reader that supports PACE
(except ccid-emulator). The problem is that USB CCID PIN
verification/modification is not suitable for PACE.

I defined a new command within PC_to_RDR_Secure. Others might prefer
Escape commands or Pseudo-APDUs. But maybe support via libccid aids to
reduce the manufacturers reservation of creating CCID readers with PACE.
An other big problem is that Microsoft's driver is vastly outdated...

Cheers, Frank.