On Wednesday, October 05 at 09:53AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

> 2011/10/5 Martin Paljak <mar...@martinpaljak.net>:
> > On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 17:56, Frank Morgner
> >
> >> Note that the two readers mentioned above do not use libccid.
> > Does this mean that they are not CCID compatible?
>
> No. They are CCID compliant AFAIK (see the notes in [1])
>
> Reiner SCT asked me to remove the support of the cyberJack pinpad(a)
> reader so they can use their own driver instead (without conflict).
> See [1].
> The REINER SCT cyberJack RFID basis is in the "should work" list [2].
> Reiner SCT have not (yet) asked me to disable this reader. But I guess
> they also support it using their own driver.

REINER SCT cyberJack RFID basis works fine with libccid. The official
driver is libccid (see
http://www.reiner-sct.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=218).
standard, komfort and pinpad(a) are using libchipcard, which is GPL
licensed (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/libchipcard/).

> I don't know what features are provided by the Reiner (proprietary?)
> driver compared to mine.

standard and komfort can perform PACE, which is a Password Authenticated
Key Exchange. This verifies the PIN to the card without transmitting it.

I wrote a patch for libccid to support PACE. Due to a lack of
standardization on the USB level there is only my ccid-emulator, which
can be used with this feature. See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vsmartcard/ for the libccid patch and
ccid-emulator.

Cheers, Frank.