On 12/15/2011 4:47 AM, Viktor Tarasov wrote:
> Le 15/12/2011 09:21, Viktor Tarasov a écrit :
>> Hello Douglas,

>>> Attached is a patch to Viktor's code as found on Gerrit I258bde6a. I added
>>> a review
>>> to this but being new to Gerrit, I was not sure how to add the patch, of if
>>> Viktor
>>> should add it, or if this is the right change to start with.
>>>
>>> I needed this patch to allow the PIV card with RSA to work with this code
>>> base.
>>> it would not work with PKCS#11 as the framework->bind was not being called.
>>> After fixing that, there were a number of places where a NULL appl_info
>>> would cause a segfault. There may be other places too.
>>>
>>> I expect other cards that do not have an application to also fail.
>>>
>>> I started with this base because it has my ECDH code included, that I still
>>> need to test.
>>

>> Ok, thanks.
>> I will look, test and apply it into SM branch.
>
> https://github.com/viktorTarasov/OpenSC/commit/4352d9aed483010762c575b8bf09ae3023cb1b72
> https://github.com/viktorTarasov/OpenSC/commit/4a6e0d779578d009ebac7d3246a9a3a8e37eab14
>
> By the way, IMHO, the PIN flags of the PIV PKCS#15 emulated card should be
> reconsidered.
> I would suggest to:
> - add 'INITIALIZED' flag;
> - remove 'LOCAL' (look "ISO 7816-15 8.9.2 Password attributes"). As for me,
> every PIN without path has to be the 'global' one.

The newer cards may have a "Discovery Object" that can specify
if the Global PIN and/or the PIV card application PIN can be used,
and which one the card holder prefers. NIST 800-73-3 Part 1 Section 3.2.6.

The default if no Discovery object is found is LOCAL.
What I should do is turn off the LOCAL bit, if the Discovery object says
the Global PIN can be used. I already change the label, in pkcs15-piv.c
if the Discovery object says use the Global PIN.

I will add the INITIALIZED flag.

NIST has looked at PIV vs PKCS15/ISO 7816-15 cards in 2006, but
has not done anything about it:

  http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistir/ir7284/nistir-7284.pdf

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>