Le 15/12/2011 18:29, Douglas E. Engert a écrit :

> On 12/15/2011 4:47 AM, Viktor Tarasov wrote:
>> Le 15/12/2011 09:21, Viktor Tarasov a écrit :

>>> Ok, thanks.
>>> I will look, test and apply it into SM branch.
>>
>> https://github.com/viktorTarasov/OpenSC/commit/4352d9aed483010762c575b8bf09ae3023cb1b72
>> https://github.com/viktorTarasov/OpenSC/commit/4a6e0d779578d009ebac7d3246a9a3a8e37eab14
>>
>> By the way, IMHO, the PIN flags of the PIV PKCS#15 emulated card should be
>> reconsidered.
>> I would suggest to:
>> - add 'INITIALIZED' flag;
>> - remove 'LOCAL' (look "ISO 7816-15 8.9.2 Password attributes"). As for me,
>> every PIN without path has to be the 'global' one.
>
> The newer cards may have a "Discovery Object" that can specify
> if the Global PIN and/or the PIV card application PIN can be used,
> and which one the card holder prefers. NIST 800-73-3 Part 1 Section 3.2.6.
>
> The default if no Discovery object is found is LOCAL.
> What I should do is turn off the LOCAL bit, if the Discovery object says
> the Global PIN can be used. I already change the label, in pkcs15-piv.c
> if the Discovery object says use the Global PIN.
>
> I will add the INITIALIZED flag.
>
> NIST has looked at PIV vs PKCS15/ISO 7816-15 cards in 2006, but
> has not done anything about it:
>
> http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistir/ir7284/nistir-7284.pdf

Ok, essential in 'INITIALIZED' flag.

With 'LOCAL' flags as you like.
Just one note,
currently in restricted opensc-pkcs11 configuration (one slot for 'UserPIN')
the 'UserPIN' is selected by pkcs11's 'pkcs15' framework following the rules:
- first 'global' PIN;
- if no 'global' PINs found -- first 'local' PIN.

These rules could not satisfy all card configurations, and so, are opened for
suggestions.