On 15/12/11 01:43, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Oh... I was so excited I missed some important issue.
> When submitting a patchset it should be tested for build as atomic unit.
> Currently the system tries to compile each changeset by it-self.
> Many times this will not work, as patchset is divided into logical
> sections suited for review not for build.

I'd prefer the opposite, given your exact sample:
It would be best if not a single commit would break the build, on any
platform.

It is probably a bit harder for some structural changes, but most
probably possible.

As said, I'm working on figuring out how to make the Gerrit changes
autobuilds happen on all platforms (Windows included) as at the moment
it is a simple Linux tarball build (the Gerrit configuration seems to be
tied to master)

Splitting patches would make sense if it really was a huge change per
se, but it is not.

Use git rebase --interactive to merge all these into a single commit
with a descriptive commit message before publishing (melding in all
those single line messages would also help)

The goal is to separate development (small things patched together until
it works) from releasing (meaningful changes with enough documentation)

Fixing Windows build after a change that "broke" it is meaningful to me
as a developer but useless for "normal people". Removing libltdl
dependency is understandable to a wider audience.

Martin