On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rouss...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Le 3 avril 2012 00:30, Viktor Tarasov <viktor.tara...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > Le 02/04/2012 10:01, Ludovic Rousseau a écrit :

> >> The solution is very simple.
> >> 1. rebase the SM branch over the OpenSC version in gerrit/staging
> >> 2. submit the changes to gerrit
> >> 3. review the changes on gerrit (they should be OK)
> >> 4. someone (Martin/Viktor/me)  will accept the changes in gerrit and
> >> they will be merged
> >>
> >> You do not need extra power for that. It is just normal developer work.
> >
> > How the 'staging', that you are working on, is related to the 'staging'
> branch of the OpenSC.git from github ?
> > Looking onto the git workflow (
> https://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/DevelopmentPolicy)
> > I do not quite understand the place of 'staging' on the
> opensc-project.org .
>
> The "official" repository should be on opensc-project.org. github
> should be a mirror.

So, the presented schema of the git workflow is invalid, and you are going
to redesign it, isn't it?

> But gerrit was not working (or I did not know how to use it) so I
> merged pull request on github, that was a mistake. Then the two
> repositories diverged in incompatible ways.
>
> Maybe OpenSC on github should be deleted and recreated as a copy of
> opensc-project.org repository.

Why to not do the same with the opensc-project.org repository and to
recreate it as a copy of github ?
This way looks more respective to the number of people who have forked the
github OpenSC.git project.
It's the opensc-project.org repository could be the mirror of the github's
one -- the main development base.

> Or maybe we can achieve the same result
> in a soft way and make the 2 repos to converge again.

Maybe. If someone will have the time and motivation.

> Bye

Kind regards,
Viktor.