Hello Martin,

On Fri 25 May 2012 03:40:31 PM ICT, Martin Paljak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the long run, I don't think that it helps to emulate a filesystem
> on top of non-filesystem cards (like OpenPGP or Muscle). Or to try to
> make it fit into the filesystem-oriented stack of OpenSC.

Has OpenSC project defines another approach to deal with these cards
(non-filesystem)?
I'm starting from the current codebase, which uses a emulation layer,
so I don't know other choice than continue with this approach.

> In case of OpenPGP, where no files or PKCS#15 data structures are
> written to the card (the card already has a fixed profile, with fixed
> data slots), it makes no sense. The main utility of pkcs15-init is
> creating (and storing) PKCS#15 ASN.1 structures to the card, when such
> slots for keys or certificates are created as a side-product. If ASN.
> shall not be created, pcks15-init should IMHO not be used.

I want to store certificate via PKCS#11 interface, and this interface
invokes pkcs15-init to do that.
If you know there is other way to redirect PKCS#11 to use directly the
card driver, instead of going through pkcs15-init, please tell me.

> Maybe it would be better to have a single "sticky pkcs15-ish mapping
> for a fixed profile card" in a single location (like the pkcs15
> emulation drivers) and allow pkcs15-tool (which does not try to create
> any PKCS#15 structures) to re-generate exposed key slots and replace
> exposed certificate slots. And extend that API as needed.

I don't really understand this idea.
- Now, to solve the problem of the path I mentioned at the beginning of
this mail thread, I change a bit in gpg_select_file, to automatically
ignore the part of DF PKCS15-AppDF (5015). Does it resemble the idea
"sticky pkcs15-ish mapping for a fixed profile card"?
- What "re-generate exposed key slots and replace exposed certificate
slots" is for?

Thank you.
--
Regards,