Hi,

On Monday, 28. May 2012, Martin Paljak wrote:
> > If it works (even in a limited/restricted way), it is better than not
> > having any support at all.
>
> Sure. If this can be accomplished without changing the underlying
> mechanics/assumptions, perfect.
That's what we try to achieve with openPGP.

> I'm just trying to point out that it could be useful and more
> straightforward to change some of the assumptions in OpenSC, like the
> fact that there *must* be a filesystem or that key-generation *must*
> go through pkcs#15 data structure generation layer.
Hmmm,
the issue I see here is that someone with enough knowledge of opensc and all
the relevant standards needs to write the code.

This code needs either be compliant with the current situation or require a
complete rewrite of opensc (with potential destabilization, ...).

All this takes time, and I fear noone matching the description above has
enough time to do that.
So , this is surely not a goal reachable in short term.

What about the following compromise / approach:
Quân & I try to continue our path with OpenPGP and the current opensc
infrastructure.
If someone writes the infrastructure for the other option, we will happily
migrate the openpgp driver (as it should simplify the driver).

Best regards
PEter

--
Peter Marschall