Hi all,

On Friday, 18. May 2012, Nguyễn Hồng Quân wrote:
> I need a help to create pkcs15init profile structure so that I can
> change/rewrite the canonical path.

All,
please note, Quân is looking for something that shall be specific to OpenPGP.
He & I do not want to change the pkcs15 part of opensc, unless it is broken
;-)

> In general, the path to a file AABB in PKCS15 is as: 3F005015AABB, in
> which 3F00 is the MF, 5015 is the PKCS15-AppDF's file-id.

Is it possible to have a PKCS#15-compliant card without the DF 5015?
(I did not find the string 5015 in the PKCS#15 spec)

If not, the question below is moot, and we will need to resort to changes
in OpenPGP's file system emulation layer.

If yes, is it possible in opensc?

> Now, because the virtual file system of my OpenPGP card (which is
> non-pkcs15) is constructed as:
> MF (3F00)
>
>    +-- File_1 (AABB)
>
>    +-- File_2 (AACC)
>
>    +--- Directory (DDCC)
>
>           +-- File_3 (CCEE)
>
> the real path to the file is 3F00AABB.
> How would I define the profile file to omit the PKCS15-AppDF, i.e. the
> "5015", in the path?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best
Peter