On 2012-11-15 08:56, Andreas Schwier wrote:
> Does the API matter anyway ?
>
> No, it's the functionality the TEE provides: Generate, store, maintain
> and use cryptographic material and do all kinds of risk management. And
> these functions do not really require web service and overloaded APIs.
> They require APIs that are consistent, simple to implement and simple to
> be security evaluated. An ISO 7816-4 API is not an elegant API, but is
> has been around for a long time, people understand it and it does what
> it is supposed to do.

There's a fly in the soup.  The smart card industry haven't after all these
years been able establishing an enrollment system for the web.  I.e. there
is nothing to build on really so we might as well start from scratch.

Another hurdle is that the GP security model is incompatible with the
Internet: GP presumes mutual authentication AFAIK.  This is how the
Google Wallet currently works (Google holds the master keys to the SE)
but that's not really cutting it.

Anders