On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundg...@telia.com> wrote:

> Another hurdle is that the GP security model is incompatible with the
> Internet: GP presumes mutual authentication AFAIK.  This is how the
> Google Wallet currently works (Google holds the master keys to the SE)
> but that's not really cutting it.

I don't believe that the industry players would want to give up their
current position easily.
Appstores (authority over what can be installed without hurdles), keys
to the empire (GP-style approach) or monetary gatekeepers (who can
charge a certain % for what is happening in their gardens) make money.
 Telcos would prefer to kill data based instant messaging providers
without hesitation, if they could - SMS makes golden eggs...

Interenet as an ideal is one thing, "business as usual" must still
live on, unfortunately.

Martin