On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 05:32:00AM -0500, Frisby, Adam wrote:
> It's for use in a trusted environment only.

How much can you trust 10000 random strangers
who can run OpenSim servers in a hypergrid and do?

> You can't have an asset cluster in an untrusted environment
> without replicating every asset across every host -- otherwise

I recommend you look at what Tahoe does.

> someone could setup, run for a while, then deliberately corrupt

I really recommend you look at what Tahoe does.

> the hard disk. Given enough machines doing this, you could permanently wipe
> assets.

It is not realistic to assume that most hosts are malicious.

Notice that this is the time where bad design decisions could
wind up cemented for good.