Thx paps was using it.. and ended up using
        String encoded = OAuthServlet.getMessage(request, "example.com
").getSignature();

        String signature = request.getParameter("oauth_signature");

then to my surprise I saw that these two values to be the same.  This
happened without validating using the public key which to me was really very
strange.... Any insight...
Is this how it is supposed to work? I had some more code added to do
verification but wight now that seemed immaterial. Any insight as to why
this may be happening.

This is how my log file  looked like

02:01:36,215 DEBUG orkut:51 -
Message:aKrCTy/bz/u3EIOSgZRwh2yuqEF8qq19rMqxAIQZkucmYpfjHcFIsdgQw5yYv+msHRVfu+0uqZwdABIJD1Vh+W/akQWR1IqLtWur55USfH
MHO0jE8AZfo/V5+1iO+CWpV6jy/zRXgbx2GSdjYFZ23dqKeM0v6Son41e+BqwtQwU=
02:01:36,218 DEBUG orkut:54 - opensocial_ownerid
02:01:36,218 DEBUG orkut:55 - 937892724534
02:01:36,218 DEBUG orkut:54 - oauth_signature
02:01:36,219 DEBUG orkut:55 -
aKrCTy/bz/u3EIOSgZRwh2yuqEF8qq19rMqxAIQZkucmYpfjHcFIsdgQw5yYv+msHRVfu+0uqZwdABIJD1Vh+W/akQWR1IqLtWur55USfHMHO0jE8A
Zfo/V5+1iO+CWpV6jy/zRXgbx2GSdjYFZ23dqKeM0v6Son41e+BqwtQwU=

Parag

--
Parag Dhanuka