Are all of you using custom (e.g. in-house, self-written) C#
validation code or is there a shared routine for .NET back-ends. It's
somewhat disconcerting that this would break suddenly in such a
limited way (the PHP code provided in the wiki seems to work, so it's
not an issue with the public key), but it's also clear that there is
something going on.

Feel free to send me your source and I'll look into it straightaway,
but you may also want to take a look at this thread in the meantime
which has a complete C# validation routine (towards the bottom of the
post) that the developer indicates is working:

http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-orkut/browse_thread/thread/6db6dcaa436ca75d#

- Jason