Please find my answers inline :

On Feb 4, 3:52 pm, "barinov.ser...@gmail.com"
<barinov.ser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Vijaya!
> Thanks for your answers. But let me clarify more details:
>
> On 4 фев, 10:15, Vijaya <api.vij...@google.com> wrote:> Hi,
> > Please find the answers to your questions below:
>
> > 1. Could I use Javascript API to access Orkut from my external .......
> So I couldn't use requestSendMessage in my external webapp, only
> within orkut container, right?

That's correct.

> > 2. As I understand REST API currently supports only a few
> I don't use client libraries. I developed the code on my own. I've
> tried to get/set user activities using the following
> urlhttp://www.orkut.com/social/rest/activities/....
> But I've got 501 error, which means that the feature is not
> implemented. As Orkut REST API spec said, the only things Orkut
> supports is described
> inhttp://code.google.com/apis/orkut/docs/rest/developers_guide_protocol...
> document. Am I right? Or orkut also supports all other features,
> described in OpenSocial REST spec?
Just like the orkut REST API document says, currently only the
features listed in that document are supported via REST on orkut.
We'll keep you informed as more features become available.

> > 3. There are no information about Orkut RPC API
> So, the same question as for your previous answer.>
Again, only the features supported in REST are also supported in RPC.

4. There is a section in OpenSocial spec, which describes
> But OpenSocial REST spec said, that OpenSocial container MUST provide
> XRDS service. It would be great to have this service, because we can
> see all container supported features.
Unfortunately we don't have xrds support yet, but we'll keep you
informed as and when it becomes available.

> > 9. Also, it is said in Orkut specification, that 'fields' query
> > parameter is supported. If I set to this parameter @all value,
> > which .......
> > A. The fields query parameter is supported in orkut and it can be used
> > as
> > follows:http://www.orkut.com/social/rest/people/@me?fields=gender,currentLoca..................
>
> I confirmed that this is working. Does orkut support all fields,
> described in Opensocial spec for Person entity?
> Also, could I update user profile using Orkut REST API? Or it is not
> supported for now, as the 'activities' data?
You cannot use the REST APIs to update any Person fields. The fields
supported in orkut are listed in the Orkut Developers' Guide at:
http://code.google.com/apis/orkut/docs/orkutdevguide/orkutdevguide-0.8.html#profiledatatable