Mark Martin wrote:
> Mark A. Carlson wrote:
>> +1 - Let's just get the opinion on this already reviewed case correct.
>>
>> -- mark
>
> Attempt #2.
> http://cr.opensolaris.org/~devnull/PSARC/2008/772/psarc_2008_772_draft_opinion.txt
>
> <http://cr.opensolaris.org/%7Edevnull/PSARC/2008/772/psarc_2008_772_draft_opinion.txt>
>

> I spoke with the team, and they reminded me that the java jar issue is
> moot --> they switched to implementing as a Gnome applet.
>
> Sadly, I also realized too late that they switched from hosting at
> opensolaris.org -> opensolaris.com (and removed the url override
> ability, apparently).  I personally see this, and the non-release of
> the server side code, as a step back in opening Solaris.  Half
> open/half closed.  Life goes on, though.
>
> Changlog
> I missed the fundamental shift the project team made by switching from
> jar->gnome applet.  It was approved that way.
> Updated interfaces section
> Updated opinion section for a few missed items

The opinion looks ok.  However, I'm still disappointed by the project
team's approach on this -- the key concerns we had about this project
(the ability for 3rd parties to contribute documentation, and the
"out-of-sync" issue with documentation shown inappropriate for the
release the command is being run on) being set aside rather than
properly addressed.  However I'll continue to hold my nose so that the
project can move "forward" (for some value of "forward").

    -- Garrett