Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Daniel Hain wrote:
>> I've been informed that the project team has an Aug 6 deadline for
>> providing EOF materials to Marketing and Docs, pending resolution of
>> this case (timeout on 8/4).  I would like to summarize where I think
>> we are so that the project team can address any issues between now
>> and when the case times out.
>>
>> Issue: Client side caching in our NFSv4:  how this gap will be
>> filled, or why it isn't necessary.  There has been some discussion
>> about migrating to NFSv4+ZFS, but it was unclear as to whether that
>> was sufficient.
>>
>> Issue: Provide a local persistent cache feature, or commitment to do
>> so.  Some good discussion of why such a feature would be nice, but it
>> was not clear if this was a requirement for moving forward with the EOF.
>
> I think this case needs a formal opinion.  I'm derailing it an will
> happily provide the opinion text (as either majority or minority).
>
> Do other ARC members wish to vote now or when they see a draft opinion ?

I saw 2 votes to approve (Darren and Garrett, thank you) after the
derail.  How many do we need to allow the project team to continue with
the EOF process?

--
Dan Hain
Solaris Revenue Product Engineering (RPE)

http://namefinder/NameFinder?nfquery=-s+88796
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.