Norm Jacobs wrote:

> In my original materials for PSARC/2008/130 CUPS 1.3.6 I designated an
> interface stability of "Volatile" for
> the libcups and libcupsimage interfaces.  I don't believe that we are
> likely to see incompatible change in these interfaces from the open
> source project and there are potentially a number of consumers.  The
> open source project owner has stated that they intend on maintaining
> backward compatibility in these interfaces in minor releases.  As a
> result, I would like to change their stability to "Uncommitted".
>
> If there are no objections, this mail will serve to correct the
> taxonomy of libcups and libcupsimage.
>
>       -Norm
It was pointed out to me by a potential consumer of these interfaces
that I should have included the cups-config script and header files in
my list of interfaces to make Uncommitted.  The complete list is as follows:

    /usr/sbin/cups-config
    /usr/include/cups/adminutil.h
    /usr/include/cups/array.h
    /usr/include/cups/backend.h
    /usr/include/cups/cups.h
    /usr/include/cups/dir.h
    /usr/include/cups/file.h
    /usr/include/cups/http.h
    /usr/include/cups/i18n.h
    /usr/include/cups/image.h
    /usr/include/cups/ipp.h
    /usr/include/cups/language.h
    /usr/include/cups/ppd.h
    /usr/include/cups/raster.h
    /usr/include/cups/sidechannel.h
    /usr/include/cups/transcode.h
    /usr/lib/libcups.so
    /usr/lib/libcupsimage.so
    /usr/lib/{amd64|sparcv9}/libcups.so
    /usr/lib/{amd64|sparcv9}/libcupsimage.so

   -Norm