On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:38:17 -0700 Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> On 03/18/10 09:28 AM, Casper.Dik at Sun.COM wrote:
> >

> >> Architecturally, I have to agree with Darren here.  I don't know what
> >> the concerns are here where this would fail to operate with the current
> >> pfexec... I thought that it was just the case that pfexec would bypass
> >> the builtin and use the filesystem supplied binary.
> >>
> > That is not currently the case and "pfsh" in OpenSolaris doesn't work as
> > OpenSolaris did for the builtins.  I'm hoping to fix that by making sure
> > we ignore the builtin commands in profile shells.  (By default and as only
> > option inside of a profile shell)
> >

> > Casper
> >

> This sounds like a showstopper for this case then.

>      - Garrett

the fix to disable builtins for pfksh is only a few lines
dgk and I are checking out the code now

there is another alternative if we can pfexec bracket sections of code inline
I beleieve a message yesterday, about 1000 posts ago:) mentioned this is
possible
e.g., for the builtin b_mkdir() (with made-up function names)
        pfexec_pretend("mkdir")
        b_mkdir()
        pfexec_stop_pretending()
if this is possible I would like to see example code