On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:22:08AM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> On 03/22/10 10:08 AM, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> >I don't understand the sturm un drang over the /usr/gnu/bin-first-in-
> >default-PATH thing.  It's a NON-ISSUE (except for GNU tools like ls and
> >chmod where lack of support for Solaris-specific features creates
> >problems.
>
> And "cp".  And make.  And....

"make"?

> This issue is not something "small".  Lets take the discussion where
> it belongs in 2010/067, since that's the case that proposed the
> /usr/gnu path change.

There's just a few commands for which this is an issue.  In general
there's no problem with having GNU utils in /usr/gnu/bin, nor with
having /usr/gnu/bin first in the default PATH.

In any case, I don't see how any of this is remotely relevant to the
ksh93 case.  (The ksh93 i-team have not proposed replacing /usr/gnu/bin
utils with AST equivalents.)

Nico