On 13/05/2010 17:00, John Sonnenschein wrote:
nproc uses sysconf(3M) for determining the number of processors on Solaris
which means that zones with CPU pools will see the number in the pool, rather
than the number in the machine.

That is the answer I was hoping for, I was a little worried it might have done something else.

It may be worthwhile updating the documentation to reflect this, but then again
sysconf(3C) itself is not documented in this way.

I don't think you need to update the upstream documentation.

I have no issue with nproc being delivered as part of this case.

--
Darren J Moffat