No, it shouldn't impact the outcome of this case.
I explained where nproc came from. It also has an impact on script
portability because nproc is completely non standard (the lack of
getconf on old platforms and the buggies of getconf implementations
like Solaris getconf is the reason why ksh93 has a built in getconf).

A nit: Maybe the nproc(1) man page should contain the warning:
nproc is not portable across platforms. Portable scripts shall use the
output of NPROCESSORS_ONLN to determinate the number of active
processing elements in a system.

Olga

--
     { \/`o;====-    Olga Kryzhanovska   -====;o`\/ }