2010/5/13 Darren J Moffat <darren.mof...@oracle.com>:
> On 13/05/2010 17:47, ольга крыжановская wrote:
>>
>> No, it shouldn't impact the outcome of this case.
>> I explained where nproc came from. It also has an impact on script
>> portability because nproc is completely non standard (the lack of
>> getconf on old platforms and the buggies of getconf implementations
>> like Solaris getconf is the reason why ksh93 has a built in getconf).
>>
>> A nit: Maybe the nproc(1) man page should contain the warning:
>> ===== cut =====
>> nproc is not portable across platforms. Portable scripts shall use the
>> output of NPROCESSORS_ONLN to determinate the number of active
>> processing elements in a system.
>> ===== cut =====
>
> Please submit that upstream, this project team and case should not be adding
> that to the upstream projects documentation in my opinion.

HA HA. Nice joke.

The last person who tried to suggest that parts of coreutils promote
unportable scripting was kicked off the coreutils list and got a few
interesting other lists subscriptions, such as the famous nazi.org
SIEG HEIL list. The coreutils team and McGrath/Drepper are mortal
enemies; neither team will add a comment in their own documentation
that the other team is right. Forget that quickly.

Chris
--
    ^---^
   (@)v(@)  Chris Pickett