On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Keith M. Wesolowski wrote:

> [...]
> From a technical standpoint, OpenSolaris and Solaris are the same...

That's where I agree more with the opposing viewpoint Joerg and others
have in this regard. First: OpenSolaris is a code base; Solaris is a
platform. Second: if we advance your notion (above), we're saying that
Sun's implementation of OpenSolaris -- an implementation that also
includes some non-opensource software -- and OpenSolaris itself are
technically the same, which is misleading at best. Third: Sun is not
the final arbiter of what OpenSolaris becomes; however, it is the final
arbiter of what Solaris is/becomes.

Eric