[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
After doing extensive work on making Solaris of the x86/x64 variety more mobile
and trying to make it the laptop of choice withing Sun (not there yet, but
in much better shape than some time ago), I'd like to propose the

        "OpenSolaris Laptop Community"

Casper,
Do you intend that this will cover Sparc laptops?

Laptop, I think, is the name which best covers the subject, which would
initially
discuss subjects such as:

        Laptop quirks
                - how to configure a specific laptop so it runs best
                  (BIOS/xorg)
        Sample Xorg.conf repository
        Wifi (until it grows its own community)
        Power management (PowerNOW! SpeedStep, Suspend to Ram/Suspend to Disk)
        PCMCIA/Cardbus
        Touchpads
        Audio
        Weird laptop specific devices
        ACPI/ACPICA

We will move our sample drivers (powernow/acpidrv/gnome-battstat2) to the
community,
I would think.
All great stuff, that are a must for laptops.

Creating a "laptop HCL" would, I think, be part of this.

Casper

(Currently running Solaris on a Vaio Z600TEK, Ferrari 3400, Ferrari 4000;
and soon, perhaps, a Dual Core laptop)
Well, you could have had a dual core sparc laptop around a year ago if someone
at Sun hadn't pulled the plug on it :(

Andy