Just been having a discussion with a memober of the community (you know who you are; but no names, no pack drill) who logged a bug, had it updated by a sun engineer, but now has a problem because of a combination of the following two facts:

1. the bugs interface does not allow update of an existing bug
2. the bugs interface blanks out the name of the sun engineer doing an update.

He is now in the position that he wishes to discuss the bug with the person who updated it, but has no way of doing so.

Given that the name is blanked out publicly, I am hesitant (to the point of not doing it) to give out the name of the engineer.

I believe that Karyn is going to put the two folks in touch, but let's be real here, Karym is a limited resource and shouldn't have to be doing this.

We *need* to address this, I would argue, as a relatively high priority issue.

alan.
--
Alan Hargreaves - http://blogs.sun.com/tpenta
Kernel/VOSJEC/Performance Engineer