Hey,

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 11:37 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> I should note that things in the OSS community do not start by talking about
> them but by doing something. Why is there no place to look at the whole
> source
> tree that is used by Sun to create /opt/sfw packages? People don't like to
> buy
> a cat in a bag, they like to see whether it makes sense to work on the
> current /opt/sfw build system or whether it makes more sense to start
> from scratch or with a new idea like Blastwave.

Because it presumably hasn't been released yet? FWIW, I'd very much
welcome some discussion on how the /opt/sfw development model works,
rather than having to wait to see the sources -

        o How are the sources currently managed?
        o How are the packages created?
        o What's the process for upgrading the versions?
        o Is each package assigned a specific maintainer?
        o How are patches specific to building managed?
        o What's the build environment?

I think there's a big potential win talking about how the development
process, what benefits there are, and how it could be improved.

Just my initial thoughts...

Glynn