On 11/7/05, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the Subject says it all! :-)
>
> It would be very helpful if there was at least a binary redistribution
> license available for the PKG tools. This does not help the PPC porting
> project, but it allows to use Blastwave packages with SchilliX....

Even more important, it allows for packages that are built within the
framework of the SVR4 spec to be made portable to other distros.
While the ISO/IEC 9945-2003 spec provides for a package standard as
does the POSIX ( see the Open Group also ) we need an actual
implementation that is functional.

The pkgadd/pkgtrans/pkgrm tools ( et al ) provide this within Solaris
for years and years and people expect them.  They also trust them.

Dennis Clarke