Sorry for the late response.  I moved last week, and I'm still catching
up on mail (and unpacking).

Joerg> I know, and from what I have been told, another engineer has been
Joerg> assigned to this job. From what Mike Kupfer told me, this person
Joerg> should have contacted me more than 2 months ago.....

Well, this person wasn't assigned, he volunteered to do it in addition
to his other responsibilities.  So I assume his other responsibilities
have taken up enough of his time that he hasn't gotten to the star work.
I can understand that happening, but it doesn't work well to leave the
submitter (i.e., Joerg) hanging.  At some point it would have been much
better to send mail saying "sorry guys, I'm just too busy".

mike