Hello list,

I'm currently looking at porting a certain Linux driver to Solaris'
usbser/GSD framework, and am concerned about GPL/CDDL conflicts.  I
know that a typical port would not be allowed, however my intent is to
only use the magic numbers and general chip programming logic rather
than reuse code.  Would I be able to do that?

I suspect the answer is no, but I would like to get the opinion of
some people more knowledgeable on this issue than I am.  If I can't do
that, I imagine I should then contact the author and discuss
dual-licensing with him?

Thanks.

--
Eric Enright