Eric Enright wrote:
I'm currently looking at porting a certain Linux driver to Solaris'
usbser/GSD framework, and am concerned about GPL/CDDL conflicts.  I
know that a typical port would not be allowed, however my intent is to
only use the magic numbers and general chip programming logic rather
than reuse code.  Would I be able to do that?
I guess a lawyer can give you a usable answer on that one.

maybe there's a driver in one of the BSDs under their license for that device? that works around incompatibilities in the GPL without a lawyer :)

patrick mauritz