What I *think* you're trying to say is that someone who has a GPL'd
driver in his hands could in theory port it to Open Solaris and then
publish the result on his own (not back through Sun).  And another
person who wanted it could download and use it.  And that all of this
forms another distribution mechanism.

Sure; so long as everyone involved understands and is following the
licensing terms of the software they used, I doubt there's a problem.
But it's also none of your or my business if that happens.  I don't
see how you, me, or Sun could ever "bless" such an arrangement of
third parties.

There you go, you've just made a few developers from China, Belgium and Elbonia feel a little warmer and fuzzier. Isn't that nice? :)

-Artem.