On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:06:39AM -0400, James Carlson wrote:

> However, I think that a similar argument can be made for why RE !=
> NULL is a useless test.

Of course. The question is whether it's more or less useless.

I really wish people would just remove themselves as RE when they're not doing
anything, I find it really annoying. I bet there's a number of bugs that
actually aren't getting fixed due to old RE entries.

> I still think, though, that the accepted/dispatched distinction is
> important, and that finding ways to encourage better use of the tools
> is a better plan.

I have no idea how you plan to encourage people to keep information in bugster
accurate, but I wish you the best of luck :)

regards
john