>There is no hidden meaning. I picked muskoka for the project because there
>is an internal machine within Sun which serves a similar purpose for
>engineering, it has slideware, home pages, etc. - various random things -
>hosted there. The name is purposely obscure. It's just meant to be a
>hodge-podge repository of random techno-babble. :)

I've earlier expressed my opposition against the direct export of such
project names and now even machine names to the opensolaris website.

I believe it adds a barrier to entry for those willin gto participate
and not knowing where to look.  It seems as if a lot of high technical,
interesting, content may be hidden under the muskoka cloak.

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] does not fit the bill, sorry. Neither does
>SKML. The intent was to have a broader-reaching technical discussion list.
>Linux is a kernel; OpenSolaris is an *os*. I would like the mailing list
>to reflect that difference in reality, although the mission is certainly
>similar.

Sure.  By the same argument "Open Solaris is not a lake in Canada" and
the name muskoka is equally in appropriate (or even more so).

>Getting back to the topic of this thread, I'll throw a random suggestion
>out there: tech-discuss.

So is the intention of this mailing list to be:

        - all things technical, where no other project/community is appropriate.
        - the same, but only pertaining to ON and not install, JDS, X, etc.
        - or is there an intended overlap between this list and others and is
          it just "everything technically interesting that is close to the
code".

Should it perhaps be on-tech-discuss, core-tech-discuss, ???

"tech" just seems to generic; somewhere I am picking up vibes that JDS and
install
may not be the intended audience.

Casper