On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 11:02:20PM -0700, Erast Benson wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 22:08 -0700, ken mays wrote:
> > Going back to the comments about Nexenta build system:
>
> Nexenta build system == Debian build system
>
> The equation above means that NexentaOS following
> Debian Policy[1] as close as possible. This is done on purpose.
> Since a) we now can collaborate with Debian community and push our
> changes upstream; b) we can easily migrate huge amount of packages under
> NexentaOS APT repository.

The thing about all that, is that it forces the machine to be closer and
closer to a linux machine, until eventually, it becomes nothing more than a
linux machine with a user-invisible solaris kernel.

In constrast, one of the core (unwritten, I guess) principles about
packaging at blastwave, is to provide all the free stuffs, while still
keeping everything firmly  sticking to SOLARIS/SVR4 policy. Not Debian policy.