Philip Brown wrote:

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 05:54:15PM -0500, Eric Boutilier wrote:
Philip Brown wrote:
The thing about all that, is that it forces the machine to be closer and
closer to a linux machine, until eventually, it becomes nothing more than a
linux machine with a user-invisible solaris kernel.

Gong! -- You violated my pet peeve -- one of the two[1] flagrant abuses of the word Linux.

Your punishment: 1000 sentences:

Nexenta boxes are Debian/Nevada machines, they are not "Linux machines".
Nexenta boxes are Debian/Nevada machines, they are not "Linux machines".

Pffft... everyone here understands what is meant, and it's a lot easier
than trying to describe,

closer to 'one of those types of machines that is based around what is commonly called a "linux distribution", and/or
  a Linux Standards Base compliant system in addition to adhering to
  all the system-administration admin level issues, which may or may
  not be specified in the LSB mentioned hereabove

:-)

[1] The other one is using "Linux Community" to refer to all users
and implementors of open-source and open operating systems --

well, that isnt even close to being accurate :-P whereas mine was clearly
just a contraction :-)

Kidding aside though, I would definitely say it was _not_ clearly a contraction -- not given the broad diversity of operating systems sentiments/backgrounds of the readership here.