Hi Jurgen,

> IIRC: Wasn't it impossible to boot into a standard
> single user
> with 6401605, without getting the corrupted text
> display?
>
> A boot to milestone=none worked, though; but the text
> display
> would be corrupted as soon as "devfsadm" was
> invoked?

I remember that thread with you and Jason Fiset and at the time I tried and
both answer were Yes.

Just for testing I re-tried them today on an HP dv5000, on which I had to use
the work around to install (I reboot from the CD five minutes ago to be sure).
I also deleted the reference to pcie_error_disable_flag in my /etc/system
and... surprise:

pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x05 function 0x00: vendor 0x1002 device 0x5a37
 ATI Technologies Inc  Device unknown
  STATUS    0x0010  COMMAND 0x0040
  CLASS     0x06 0x04 0x00  REVISION 0x00
  HEADER    0x01  LATENCY 0x00
  PRIBUS    0x00  SECBUS 0x02  SUBBUS 0x03
  SECLT     0x00  SECSTATUS 0x0000
  IOBASE    0x00000000  IOLIM 0x00000fff
  PREFETCH_MEMBASE   0xfff00000  MEMLIM 0x000fffff
  NO_FAST_B2B NO_SEC_BUS_RST NO_M_ABRT NO_VGA_EN NO_ISA_EN NO_SERR_EN PERR_EN

I/O and memory access  are disabled.

So, unless I am really wrong, it looks like the bug has been silently fixed.

I will look at the code tomorrow.

Regards,

J-F