Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
I built it off the cvsweb tree, damn, I should have remembered which module it stuffed up in, anyway, it stopped compiling, and basically I was at the end of my teather - unfortunately I have very limited patience when things like that occur; if it doesn't work, I simply give up - lazy? probably, but I just don't have the time to spend hours tracking down the problem, and correcting them.

Then you picked the wrong OS to go to, since Xorg 7.1 is at least tested
and working on Solaris.   Support for BSD releases is still being worked
on by the BSD X maintainers, so you'll have a much harder time building it
on FreeBSD than on Solaris.   (With the build system revamp in Xorg 7.0,
only Solaris & Linux were initially supported, since Sun, Red Hat, SuSE,
Ubuntu & Gentoo provided the bulk of the development effort.)

> I was hopeing to bring the Xorg kicking and screaming into 2006, but it
> seems to be more painful that I expected. I'm probably better to wait
> till the next version of Solaris is released.

We already ship 6.9.0 which was released at the end of December, and is the
same source code as 7.0, only with the old build system still - the change
between that and 7.1 is not that major.   What are you looking for that you
don't already have?

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]