ALL :

  Over the past week or so I have worked to capture the feeling of "open"
and "transparent" with intricacy but not complexity.  I wanted something
open and inviting and yet a reasonable expression of science and
engineering.

  So here it is .. my first OpenSolaris Desktop :

     http://www.blastwave.org/articles/BLS-0052/index.html

  Please know that I really pushed a lot of bits and hours trying to get
lighting just right.  Shadows must be subtle and yet show depth.  The
structure that holds the crystal must be one that expresses majesty and
maturity with strength.  This is UNIX.  The crystal structure must be
totally clear and yet intensely intricate yet beautiful.  Not noisey and
not cumbersome or overwhelming.

  This is my first attempt at catching what OpenSolaris is to me and to
somehow deal with getting the logo in there.  That was the last tough
part.

  I have my artsy hat on.  Feedback is welcome :-)

--
Dennis Clarke