>I'm a little confused as to what behaviour people want with
>PageUp/PageDown in gnome-terminal.
>
>I'm running snv_42.
>
>If I run vim inside a gnome-terminal then PageUp/PageDown moves me
>through the document as I'd expect and want.
>
>If I'm at the shell prompt then I need to press Shift PageUp to move
>back in the scroll history, or use the scroll bar or the mouse wheel.
>
>This all seems fine and consistent to me.
>
>So what behaviour are people looking for ?

I think the "shift pageup" is somewhat problematic for me.

I prefer the terminal to use all the pg up/down buttons but that's
perhaps because I'm used to editors which don't page with page up/down.

My main issue with GNOME terminal is that it is:

        - very slow
        - pretends to be fast by now showing all the output.

If in xterm I do cat "/etc/termcap", it takes a while but I see all
text flying by.  GNOME terminal is much quicker but shows me nothing
but the last page and a few bits left and right.

I certainly want a setting which allows me to choose between
pass-thru and use-by-gnome-terminal function keys, just like Xterm does.

Perhaps GNOME allows me to configure this also, but I haven't
found how.

Casper