Dennis Clarke wrote:

>>So the question is: is this a known problem, and are there any
>>workarounds?  I'm using cdrw (no offense to Joerg, but I find
>>"cdrw -i foo.iso" much easier to type than cdrecord with a long
>>list of options),
>>

>get over it !
>
>get cdrecord and you will find that it "just works" and drop Jörg a line and
>he will ensure that you have the ProDVD version.

It even comes bundled with Solaris now.

>If you want to scan for the device id numbers then run cdrecord -scanbus
>first and that will tell you what you want to know.

Oops:
# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a06 (i386-pc-solaris2.11) Copyright (C) 1995-2006
J�rg Schilling
Warning: Using USCSI interface.
/usr/bin/cdrecord.bin: No such file or directory. Cannot open
'/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
/usr/bin/cdrecord.bin: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
/usr/bin/cdrecord.bin: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord
dev=help'.

Ian.