[b]Do not reply to me, I read the forums - my email address is invalid and I do
feel bad I did nothing to fix it. [/b]

It was as easy to predict more than a year ago as it is today. In one of my
posts I expressed the below  (Oct 11, 2005) for which I got flamed more than
once -
<Quote>
Let Sun create a workable, scalable development model around (Open)Solaris
first. I pity the words "request" "sponsor" "ask" above. It's going in the same
direction as OpenOffice.org - it's working but only with Sun employees doing
the major heavy lifting, community presence is not that big and thus the whole
thing doesn't scale upto the point where it should ideally...
</Quote>

I feel sad that more than a year later OpenSolaris development is still closed,
bug reports are still vague at the best and for the people to contribute they
have to make sure they don't kill their urge and enthusiasm before they can get
a change or two in.

As a result, people don't feel like caring for OpenSolaris, if they do, Sun
makes sure they go away by doing so much red taping, and the closed development
model (no design/implementation discussions, no crisp, flaming hot discussions
about how some part of code sucks and how it could be made to not suck etc.)
means people do not whet their appetite and gather virtually no interest in the
internals of OpenSolaris.

Classic example of how not to run an open source project.