On 2/16/07, Alan Coopersmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Girts Zeltins wrote:
> Sorry, but I am talking again about CDE.
> I want to know if founded CDE errors will be reported to bug database, will
they be fixed? Is there any chance to see them fixed?

If they are serious bugs, then they may be fixed.   Low priority (P4 & P5)
bugs aren't being worked on much, and work is beginning on determining
which parts of CDE will be removed as part of the ongoing EOF process,
so things being removed (mostly the applications) aren't likely to be
fixed unless escalated by a customer with a support contract for
Solaris 8, 9, or 10.   Public libraries, dtksh, and similar interfaces
that other applications may depend on are planned to stick around.

WIll Sun FIX dtksh? Both experts in this field - David Korn and Roland
Mainz have complained about dtksh being utterly broken because Sun
used an unofficial alpha code as ksh basis.

Josh