Hi Laszlo,

A bit OT, but it's glib 2.0, and it really is part of the GNOME
project.  The reason why you need it for HAL is because HAL uses
dbus (both of them are freedesktop.org projects) and dbus uses
glib.

I guess I brought it up as an example of what we run into as a
systemic packaging issue. That libraries get munged in (like glibc-2.0
with GTK) with things they're a dependency of. As part of the process
of moving to /usr/gnu to improve GNU usability on Solaris, it would be
really nice to see more granular packaging of GNU userland/libraries a
la Linux distros (http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=glib). In
this case, would be nice if SUNWgtk depended on SUNWglibc2 instead of
just munging the libraries in.

Anywho, thanks for taking the time reply. And thank you VERY much for
y'all pushing the /usr/gnu project forward.

Best Regards,
Jason