--- Shawn Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 17/04/07, Chung Hang Christopher Chan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That is not my problem. I would not bother about
> this
> > if I was more than happy to drop in a DVD or a
> bunch
> > of CDs to 'upgrade' each box
>
> Except you don't even have to do that. All you need
> is an ISO image,
> no dropping DVDs CDs or any other media...

Oh? Where can I find the documentation for procedures
for liveupgrade? It still does not have the
flexibility of using repositories and why do I have to
download a bunch of images when it is likely that 90%
of the stuff would be unchanged?

> > > I'm fairly certain you're still talking about
> > > updates in a
> > > *non*-production environment.
> >
> > Have you ever ever used up2date or yum in your
> > Fedora/Centos/RHEL systems you managed before?
>
> Also used RedHat's satellite server web interface
> too, and apt-get
> from the comand line, and yum, and up2date, etc.
>
> I think my main point is that RedHat, etc. don't
> have anything like
> Flash archives from what I know.

Yes yes, I am sure if it was wanted, people would come
up with their own images.

> I think that the fact that even MS has gone to an
> image-based
> installation and deployment system, plus the fact
> that tools such as
> Norton Ghost are wildly popular are proof that it is
> a better way...

Try that on non-identical hardware...