http://www.google.com.au/search?q=solaris+live+upgrade

> Is it really that difficult?

Thanks.

> Flash versus Live Upgrade versus "apt" versus "yum"
> versus a Windows
> Like Upgrade discussions are pointless in and of
> themselves. I'd prefer
> to see more "We like apt because..." or "We think
> Live Upgrade is
> good/bad because..." and so forth.

Well I put forth apt/yum repositories (and it is not
necessary that we use apt/yum) and the fact that this
is used for handling updates of packages for both
single systems and clusters of servers and I get 'you
want Sun Connection or Flash for that, now go away'.

Like you say, it is the mindset. Old hands are happy
with their multiple root image bank environment
requirements and dismiss those who use less stringent
and quick, easy methods of software/package
management.

Clamming up.