On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

Stephen Hahn sent repeated mails to each community over a 6 month+ period.

Really, I don't remember seeing them, I wonder if they were sent to device-driver-interest or where? I'll look back and see if I missed those, but don't remember any, this is the first I've heard of it.

I don't see them here though...????

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=79

No one from the Device Drivers community responded with a single name of
a person who should be recognized as a Contributor to the community and
a member of the community's decision making body.

Where were those emails sent to repeatedly, do you know?

It's most interesting that not one of the dozen Device Driver Community Leaders responded to those repeated inquiries.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/device_drivers/leaders/

As an engineer, don't you find those statistics quite astonishing? I mean, engineers are typically not the shy types and will typically voice their participation, yet in this case something fell through the cracks.

No, most other communities have selected people who can vote to make
decisions for the community.

Is it possible to get a rundown somewhere of which communities responded and/or where their messages were sent?

Agreed - but we haven't got that far yet.

If there's communities that are defunct we should get rid of them. Your position is annoying, as a person representing the OGB, that you didn't find it odd that not one of the dozen community leaders responded.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM Group